Funchal is located on an island, owned by Portugal, called Madeira. It’s where most people on the island live – it’s such a pretty town with cute little restaurants, cafes, and shops… My favorite thing of Funchal were all the walking streets with black and white stones making a different pattern on every street in town!
Just some pictures of Funchal!
CLICK HERE to read how I traveled to Funchal pretty much for free!
If you plan on traveling to Madeira, here are my notes about the island that, if you have time, are probably worth checking out:
1. Cabo Girao – second highest sea cliff
2. Encumeada – able to see both sides of the island at the same time [1007 meters]
3. Paul de Serra – 1400 meter Plateau
4. Porto Moniz – village with volcanic swimming pools and road on rocks by sea with waterfall [on northern coast]
5. Sao Vicente – historic town [north]
6. Area of Faial
7. Santana – famous cottages6. Area of Faial
8. Machico – first settlers in 1420
9. Monte – top of cable car
10. Curral Das Freiras – town in a creator of an extinct volcano. I chose this option and I’m really glad I did!
Leave a reply