Funchal is located on an island, owned by Portugal, called Madeira. It’s where most people on the island live – it’s such a pretty town with cute little restaurants, cafes, and shops… My favorite thing of Funchal were all the walking streets with black and white stones making a different pattern on every street in town!
Just some pictures of Funchal!
CLICK HERE to read how I traveled to Funchal pretty much for free!
1. Cabo Girao – second highest sea cliff
2. Encumeada – able to see both sides of the island at the same time [1007 meters]
3. Paul de Serra – 1400 meter Plateau
4. Porto Moniz – village with volcanic swimming pools and road on rocks by sea with waterfall [on northern coast]
5. Sao Vicente – historic town [north]
6. Area of Faial
7. Santana – famous cottages6. Area of Faial
8. Machico – first settlers in 1420
9. Monte – top of cable car
10. Curral Das Freiras – town in a creator of an extinct volcano. I chose this option and I’m really glad I did!